Fall is all about keeping it comfy and casual, which is one of the many reasons why we adore it so much (that and the pumpkin spice everything, of course). Throw on a soft, oversized boyfriend sweater and some curve-hugging jeggings and you’ve got yourself an outfit worthy of a pumpkin patch photo shoot.
Naturally, we consider the sweater the true hero when it comes to casual fall outfits, and our cute plus size sweaters serve as the autumnal anchor of any good look. Whether you’re looking for plus size fall outfits by activity or just browsing for some seasonal inspiration, we’ve got you covered and cozy. Here are some of our best outfit ideas rooted in cute sweaters.
1. Fall Agenda Sweater + Knockout Booties—As far as cute sweater outfits go, this one ranks at the top of the list for effortlessly chic. The Fall Agenda sweater takes cues from our fave free-spirited fashion niches, while the black peep-toe booties help us hang onto summer just a little bit longer. We’re crazy about the fringe and tribal-inspired touches on this fall-friendly top, too!
2. Dream About Me Sweater + Dig Deep Skinny Jeans—Ladies, if you don’t have some staple black skinnies for fall, we recommend grabbing a pair ASAP. These are the MVP (most valuable pants, obviously) of your bottoms drawer when it starts to get cold out, and they go with everything. The whimsical button collar on the Dream About Me sweater gives this look an extra layer of fall pizzazz.
3. By The Book Sweater + Ripped Skinny Jeans—Hello, colorblock! We’re wild about this thick striped sweater in navy, burgundy and olive—it’s a tiny bit rugby, and you can’t get much more fall than that. With the cozy cuffed sleeves that remind us of our fave hoodie plus the chic tie front, this look is so easy-breezy. The distressed skinnies give the look a little extra edge and a pop of contemporary style to keep you on trend.
4. Tuscan Nights Sweater + Leopard Slides—This outfit is about combining two year-round staples—solid black and leopard print—in a way that feels totally apropos for autumn. Both of these striking outfit components can be worked into literally dozens of other looks, so they’re sure to become all-season staples you can’t live without. The chic, comfortable flats make this getup perfect for concerts, pumpkin patches and all those must-do fall activities on your bucket list.
5. Undeniably In Love Sweater (Ice Blue) + Leopard Slides—This cute light blue top gives a soft airiness to your collection of cute sweater outfits, and why not? It’s perfect for capturing that casual, laid-back feel that’s so exemplary of this season. Again, we’re pairing this go-with-everything sweater with a couple more ultra-versatile wardrobe heroes—a pair of game-changing leopard flats and light wash ripped skinny jeans to tie it all together.
6. Undeniably In Love Sweater (Cobalt) + County Fair Booties—A variation on the last look, this outfit swaps ice blue for a darker, more dramatic shade and dresses it up ever so slightly with our chic-but-rustic county fair booties. This is truly one of those go-anywhere, do-anything ensembles. You can rock it to work, happy hour, weekend dinners out with friends and, yep, even to the county fair.
Building Your Collection of Plus Size Sweaters
Developing a fall-ready, all-occasion wardrobe starts with a few versatile, flattering and warm staples, including lots of comfy plus size sweaters. Once you’ve got a selection of the basics, you can build looks for virtually every fall activity, whether you’re heading to an early-morning tailgate, a New England clambake or to a friend’s bonfire. Chic Soul is always here to help infuse your autumnal ensembles with some seasonal soul!